Almonds, especially when soaked, can supply the body with numerous health benefits since they’re rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s highly recommendable to soak the almonds in warm water prior to consumption because this minimizes the enzyme inhibitors that may impede the digestion.
Why you should soak almond
- It betters the health of the heart-the potassium, protein, and mono-unsaturated fats are great for the heart. Vitamin E is known to lower the chance of heart diseases whereas magnesium prevents heart attacks. Almonds can also decrease arterial inflammation.
- Increases the energy– eating a handful of pre-soaked almonds daily is an excellent way to increase your energy and metabolic rate due to the presence of copper, riboflavin, and manganese in almonds.
- Reduces stress-since almonds are rich in vitamin E and calcium, they are a great food to consume if you want to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol.
- Brain food-almonds have nutrients that improve the health of the brain, that is, riboflavin and L-carnitine. They increase the brain activity and thus, lower the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Improves the health of the bones-the phosphorus in almonds can prevent osteoporosis and strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Regulates the blood pressure– the low amount of sodium and the richness in potassium controls a fluctuating blood pressure.
- Prevents cancer- almonds better the movement of food through the colon and thus, reduce the risk of colon cancer.